Getting programmed up for the GB7MB DMR repeater ?

Home forums General Chat Getting programmed up for the GB7MB DMR repeater ?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by VicS VicS 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Author

Hax
    Hax

Keymaster

If You’re looking for tips to program your MotoTrbo radio for use with the upcoming GB7MB repeater – look no further than this site – this is the Portal to all that’s going on, in, and around GB7MB and with its Members, Friends and Users,.
    While I’m no expert – i’m a Ham 🙂 i can, and will be doing little How – to’s here and there to help you get started, and we will be making various codeplugs available to be downloaded and then modified free for your personal use – there is only a small selection at present, and the DM4600 codeplug is for the high-power version only, because that’s all i have – I Hope if you have a 25w UHF DM4600 programmed with DMR and Amateur frequencies that you will make it available to us here at GB7MB as it will help others get started and learn .. just remember to only include Amateur frequencies please, add some info too please about your codeplug, and remove your DMR-MARC ID – even though it will be changed by the new user.
    Thanx

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Hax Hax.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Hax Hax.

VicS
    VicS

Participant

Fat chance!!  🙂 I’m still getting my head around the idea that there isn’t just one CPS.   I suppose that would be asking a lot, considering just how many moto rigs have been spawned over the years.

Outta curiosity, would a version of the CPS good for the DM4601 also be good for the DM4600?   I have checked around the internet and…..   I still have no clue.   Can anyone help a clueless newbie?

Vic

Hax
    Hax

Keymaster

In a word Vic ‘ it depends ‘ 🙂

The MotoTrbo CPS supports the whole range of MotoTrbo gear,
    the CPS supports Repeaters, Mobiles right down to a £100 DP3400 off Ebay.

the only ‘gotcha’ is whatever CPS is used to program a given set, you can’t use any earlier versions to open it, plus, for example, if you programmed a DM4600 with CPS 9 then read it with CPS 10, edited it or saved it with CPS 10, it wont open with CPS 9.

you cant go back in CPS versions. opening an old codeplug works, but after you save it, it will only open with the latest version you used.

This is why i dont rush to update to the latest CPS. posting codeplugs made with recent versions of CPS are no good to anyone with an older version.

Nice one Moto !

VicS
    VicS

Participant

Crikey Hax, that’s reminiscent of M$ when they tried fixing it so’s saving a Word doc with a newer version of Word meant you couldn’t open it again with an earlier version. Then along came Open Office -Later Libre Office- which opens all Word doc versions and things changed.  Lot to be said for open source….. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.